
It was an all Ben weekend! He had choir conc
erts on Thursday and Friday (they si
ng to senior citizens at
different retirement homes around the area), baseball tryouts on Saturday afternoon and his big CU basketball game on Saturday night.CU has a program called "Read with the Buffs" where different CU athletes visit the school and read with the kids. At the end of the program, all the kids get to go to a Women's Basketball game. Two kids from each class are chosen as top readers in the grade and they were invited down to the court at halftime. Ben was one of those chosen! Lots of his friends were there to cheer him on.
The game was very exciting...it was down to the buzzer with CU winning by two points against Kansas. You would not believe the name of two of the women on CU's team! Are you ready? Whitney Houston and Britney Spears. I couldn't make something like that up if I tried!
Tomorrow, Harry and I are off to Florida. Chris and the boys are left to fend for themselves, but I know they'll be fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment