Thursday, January 24, 2008

Harry's Birth Day!

Harold "Harry" Emerson Yung was born November 20th, 2007. He weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces and was 21 inches long. Here are some pictures of our special day! I started having mild contractions at 6am on November 20th. At that point I had been 2 cm dilated for several weeks. At my 9am doctor's appointment, Dr. Dunn stripped my membranes and confirmed that I was indeed in labor. We went home and I labored at home for close to two hours, but by 10:45, I was ready to get to the hospital! As soon as I got checked in, I was ready to get back on the ball (literally and figuratively) and continue laboring!











After arriving at the hospital, labor was pretty fast and furious. I went from 3 cm to 9 cm in an hour. It felt, however, much longer than that!



Both Chris and Mom were there to provide support, help me find new positions and give lots of love!

Then, at 2:53pm, Harry finally joined our family!

There he is just seconds after being born! As soon as he was born, they cut the cord and laid him on my chest. It was quiet and peaceful and perfect.
Harry's first meal!


I think he liked his first meal much more than his first bath!
Joe meets Harry for the first time.
And now we're a family of five!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Renee and Chris, you have such a beautiful family. I enjoy so much getting to see the pictures. Keep them coming!! My love to you all, Aunt Pat in Lexington