

Hmmm... How about bash them out? So, here's the story: Joe fell out of a cardboard box. Anyone who has ever had an active five year old understands this. Those of you who haven't yet (I'm talking to you Bill and Amy)...just you wait. I don't know what else to say other than he fell out of an empty cardboard box. It wasn't even a particularly dramatic fall. Anyway...Joe fell out of this cardboard box and knocked his front bottom tooth on its side pointing straight out of his mouth. Anyone who has known me for longer than 10 minutes knows that I have dental trauma "issues" that require me to be sedated for anything more intense than a cleaning. I never take the boys to the dentist...that's a Daddy job! Therefore, my child's bloody tooth pointing in the wrong direction is close to a worse case scenario for me. Alas, thanks to "mom adrenaline" I did not freak out and neither did Joe. Although the tooth was pointing in the wrong direction, it was not loose. Therefore, I took him to the dentist to do the deed. She put some "special sleepy potion" on his tooth and gave it a yank with something that looked like it came out of Chris' tool box. Joe didn't give more than a peep. Neither did I, even though inside I was screaming, "Run, Joe, for the love of all that is good...she's coming after you with a giant needle and some pliers!!!"
Joe is now quietly sleeping waiting for some booty from the Tooth Fairy. As Papaw used to say, I think she owes him some "paper money".
No comments:
Post a Comment