Friday, November 28, 2008

For those keeping score...

Right before we left for Thanksgiving vacation, I found out I passed the Comprehensive Exam for my Masters degree. Today when we got home, there was a letter in the mail saying I also passed the National Counselors Exam! This will allow me to add the letters NCC behind my name, stating that I am a Nationally Certified Counselor.
The only hurdle left is to finish my required 700 hours of internship by May. I'm a bit behind the curve...the hours have come slowly at Safehouse. I'm picking up work at the CU clinic two days a week starting in January and I'll add a third if I need to. I'm sure I can get the hours in between the two places.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's GREAT! You're so close!! I'm very proud of you. :)

Deanna

Anonymous said...

Renee, that was great news. You are going to be a great counselor. Good luck in getting your 700 hours. I understand that you all will be in Ohio for Christmas. Have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday.

We love and miss you all. Aunt Pat